Electrum-GRS is a lightweight “thin client” groestlcoin wallet Windows, Mac OS and Linux and Android based on a client-server protocol. Its main advantages over the original Groestlcoin client include support for multi-signature wallets and not requiring the download of the entire blockchain.
If you are an ordinary user of Groestlcoin and simply want the convenience of a web wallet with the security of a real application and support for multi-signature, then Electrum-GRS is the right choice for you.
- Encrypted wallet — the file that contains your GRS is protected with a password. You are protected from thieves.
- Deterministic key generation — If you lose your wallet, you can recover it from its seed. You are protected from your own mistakes.
- Instant-on — the client does not download the blockchain, it requests that information from a server. No delays, always up-to-date.
- Freedom and Privacy — The server does not store user accounts. You are not tied to a particular server, and the server does not need to know you.
- No scripts — Electrum-GRS does not download any script. A compromised server cannot send you arbitrary code and steal your GRS.
- No single point of failure — The server code is open source, anyone can run a server.
- Transactions are signed locally — Your private keys are not shared with the server. You do not have to trust the server with your money.
- Firewall friendly — The client does not need to open a port, it simply polls the server for updates.
- Free software — Gnu GPL v3. Anyone can audit the code.
- Written in Python — The code is short and easy to review.
- User Friendly — Support for Groestlcoin URIs, signed URIs and Groestlcoin aliases
- No Lock-In — You can export your private keys and use them in other groestlcoin clients.
- No Downtimes — Electrum-GRS servers are decentralized and redundant. Your wallet is never down.
- Proof Checking — Electrum-GRS Wallet verifies all the transactions in your history using SPV.
- Cold Storage — Keep your private keys offline, and go online with a watching-only wallet. Sign transactions from a computer that is always offline. Broadcast them from a machine that does not have your keys.
- Multisign — Split the permission to spend your coins between several wallets using parallel BIP32 derivations and P2SH addresses (“2 of 2”, “2 of 3”). Compact serialization format for unsigned or partially signed transactions, that includes the BIP32 master public key and derivation needed to sign inputs. Serialized transactions can be sent to cosigners or to cold storage using QR codes
This application is licensed under the GPL version 3. There is no warranty and no party shall be made liable to you for damages. If you lose coins due to this app, no compensation will be given. Use this app solely at your own risk.
- Mac OS X Wallet
- Windows Installer
- Windows Standalone Wallet
- Windows Portable Version
- Linux Installer
- Android — Available on the Google Play Store
Store your secret phrase somewhere safe!
The multi-signature and non native segwit addresses starts with a “3” and not with a “F”.
Electrum-GRS creates an encrypted filename default_wallet instead of wallet.dat (like in Groestlcoin Core)
• Location Windows: Navigate to C:\Users\USER NAME\AppData\Roaming\Electrum-grs\wallets (or open windows explorer and enter %appdata%\Electrum-grs\wallets) and back up your default_wallet file by making a copy of it and moving it to a secure location.
• Location Mac: Navigate to ~/Library/Application Support/Electrum-grs/wallets and back up your default_wallet file by making a copy of it and moving it to a secure location.